Monday, December 14, 2009

a touchy subject.

Although this is something that bothers me and I feel the need to talk about it, Mr. M does not want to hear one word. And I understand. It's just that it breaks my heart to see it happen, then comes anger, then sadness. And I don't know what to do. At this point, I'm pretty sure that nothing really can be done. Just understand that as MS affects certain parts of the brain, those corresponding parts of the body are also affected. For example, it can be the legs, the lungs, the heart, the arms, the ability to swallow, or the bowels.

As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we believe that we will one day be resurrected and have perfected bodies. I have always known this principle, but it wasn't until this year that I truly realized what it meant for me and for my family. We believe that families are eternal. Mr. M and I were married and sealed for time and all eternity in an LDS Temple. Because of this, our children are automatically sealed to us as well. We can be together, as husband and wife, forever.

The knowledge that Mr. M will EVENTUALLY be whole brings me great peace and hope. Of course it is hard to remember at times, when things get really tough. That is why I am reminding myself RIGHT NOW that one day, when our lives on Earth are over, my husband will be healed. We will have our lives back. Things will be normal.

EVENTUALLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment